Friday, March 4, 2011

Half Way Through Chemotherapy!




I just gave Orion an injection of Neulasta and so marks the half way point of his chemotherapy. The last time I gave someone a shot was back in 1985 and it was a goat. Pretty much the same thing, neither the goat nor my son complained about Nurse Steve. When the doctors and nurses at MGH asked if I would be up to it I said, sure I have done goats. They looked at me like I was crazy so I asked what is the material difference between a goat and Orion? They were speechless and worried.

The Neulasta stimulates his bone marrow to produce white blood cells. This has worked well so far. I have mentioned it before but the price billed to the insurance company is $3500 for each injection. This morning the UPS overnight delivery guy just left it on the street after buzzing our door.

No comments:

Post a Comment